A Workstation PC for 3D Design and CAD usage.
The Tornado is an upper-mid-range workstation PC suitable for programs like 3D AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Revit, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Catia and of course 3DSmax. It is very powerful machine for those on a tight budget. It is fitted with the latest Ivybridge quad-core CPU and a Quadro 2000 workstation Graphics card to enable proper 3D design work. The enormous Hard drive (2TB) is a Caviar Black version (which is the fastest 7200rpm Hard Drive available) is speeded up even further with a 60GB Corsair Accelerator SSD Cache drive – an awesome combination.
Price: R14730 + VAT = R15652,38 (Price valid as at 19th November 2012)
Includes Assembly and Stress Testing.
The Tornado is very cost effective but still contains the important components that go into making a very powerful CAD machine. It is ideal for someone who needs a solid workstation.
- It uses an Intel I5 quad-core Ivybridge processor running at 3.4 / 3.9 GHz with 16GB of RAM.
- Reliable high-tech ASUS Motherboard.
- nVidia Quadro 2000 Workstation Graphics
- 2TB 7200rpm Twin processor hard drive
- Built-in 1000bit/s Network adapter
- 7.1 Audio built in for surround sound
- 24x DVD Read/Writer
- Wireless keyboard and Mouse
- 2-year warranty
This is what you get:
Built-Up Computer - The Tornado – 3D CAD Workstation
|Technical Description||Dave's Comment||Picture|
Intel ivybridge lga1155 i5-3570
|Quad core / 4threads , 3.4GHz / 3.8GHz turbo boost|
ASUS 2x Dual Channel
Gigabit LAN, 2x SATA6G, 4x SATA3G, 2x USB3 ports
4x USB2 ports
|Further Motherboard details are confidential. It has taken many hours of research and testing to find the optimum motherboard for this system. The exact motherboard designation will be provided on the invoice.|
|See below for more details about the RAM|
|nVidia Quadro 2000 Graphics||Professional workstation card|
|Corsair CSSD-C60GB 60Gb Accelerator series 2.5" SATA3G SSD||60GB Cache SSD|
|Hard Disk Drive:|
WD 2Tb Digital Black, Sata6G, Dual Processors, 7200rpm, 64MB cache
|Fastest Performance 7200rpm Hard drive on the market.|
24x , Sata , black, super-multi : DL dvd+R , dvd±r/rw + dvd-ram + cd+/-rw
|Keyboard and Mouse:|
Logitech 920-003161 Wireless Desktop MK220
Krator Neso4 - N4-20U03 piano Black - 2.0 channel speakers
|Surprisingly good sound|
|500W is quite sufficient for a Quadro 2000 graphics adapter and an Ivybridge processor|
|Zalman Z9 plus with temperature display||See below for more details about the chassis|
Price does not include a monitor or software.
- If you purchase Windows, I will install it for you and update it with the latest service packs, patches and drivers.
- If you purchase Antivirus, I will install it for you and download the latest definitions.
- If you purchase one of the Microsoft Office suites, I will install it, download the latest updates and set up Outlook to work with your e-mail account.
There are literally thousands of extra goodies that I can supply you with. Take a look through the “Computer Components” Pull-down Menu at the top of the page.
Some more info on the RAM and the Chassis:
To order one or to discuss any changes or additions, please give me a call on 021 558 7076 during office hours, or simply fill in this form: